Wednesday, January 16, 2013

1. Explain how you changed your photo in the lab to create a stencil.
  I used Photoshop to switch the original picture to the black and white version.  Then, I printed out the picture, and took a picture of it on a camera and then brought it up on the projector.
2. When creating the collage background explain your choices of colors, materials (magazine paper, books pages, etc), and placement. How does it relate to your topic? If no relation discuss general idea.
 Well there wasn't a lot of materials related to San Fransisco so I just chose a lot of book pages and things related to that because that city is very artsy and what not.  I chose the colors because that is what San Francisco is well known for.
3. Discuss the way positive and negative space was used to create your stencil.
 Positive space was used to out line the object and the negative space was used as the background with all the different colors in it.
4. When using the xacto knife, explain the safety procedures, how to use the knife and any challenges you had to overcome while cutting. 
At first using the xacto knife was quite difficult, but then I got use to it.  I learned not to cut it towards you because it might slice you.  Some times my blade would not go all the way through the paper so I had to make it deeper.
 
5. How was your experience with the spray paint? Discuss how color choice is important, placement of stencil, and any other concepts you noticed while creating this. 
I took a lot of tape to keep the stencil in place. I chose pink because it was the barely used color, so it would be easier to see.  I had to add a few layers of spray paint so it was not as see through.

No comments:

Post a Comment