Thursday, September 20, 2012

Value Portraits Art Critique
                                                                                                                                                        
Self evaluation (must write at least 3 sentences for each question)
1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
First, I had to outline the different values through tracing paper.  Then, I had to color on the back of the sketch, then flip it over and trace the outline of the values on to a peice of paper in my sketch book. After that, I studdied my photograph and shaded in the value on to the faint outline of the values.
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
I took a sheet of tracing paper and put it on top of the picture. Then I held it up to the light where I could more easily see the values and began to trace the different values. Then I studdied the portrait and found the all the values, after that i filled in the shapes that were made from tracing.
3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
Yes, I did acheive a full range of different values within my portrait.  I did because in alot of places on the skin was lighter shades all over the face in neck.  In the hair the shades were alot darker and it went through a range of medium to dark values.
4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
I would have to say that my craftminship is the best I could of done.  I believe that it is the neatest I was able to do in the given amount of time that I had. I understand that it is executed very well. 
5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
An obstacle that I had to overcome was outlineing to much values on the tracing paper.  How I delt with this problem was that I only traced a sertaint amount on to the white paper.  Another obstacle I had was dealing with shading the right shade, but after a little bit I got used to shading and I got better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment